Who you are or whose you are?
Who Am I? Casting Crowns
and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”
-Matthew 3:17 (ESV)
God is the lover, you are the beloved...
"I am my beloved's, and He is mine." (See Song of Solomon 2:16)
"But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life."
Three Daily Reminders
Here are three fundamental affirmations for following God daily:
God is who He says He is.
I am who God says I am.
God has what He says He has.
I have what God says I have.
God will do what He says He will do.
I can do what God says I can do.
I am loved by God. John 3:16, Galatians 2:20, 2 Thessalonians 2:16
I am made to exercise dominion and authority. Genesis 1:26-28
I am made to be creative. Matthew 25:14-29
I am made to be a partaker of the divine nature. 2 Peter 1:4
I am made to share the Gospel with all the world. Mark 16:15
I am fearfully and wonderfully made, in the very image and likeness of God. Psalm 139:14
I am God's one-of-a-kind masterpiece. I am the only one who can accomplish the good works he has prepared in advance for me. Ephesians 2:10
I am supremely precious to God. He knows every detail of my life and takes great delight in me. Psalm 139:17, Zephaniah 3:17
Things God might want to say to me:
“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness." Jeremiah 31:3
"I created my best, when I created you..."
"I paid a price for you and you are worth it all"
"I have destined my best for you"
- The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. Psalm 23:1
- How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for me (that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you.) Psalm 31:19
- For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11
- My God will supply every need of mine according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
- I have been blessed with all spiritual blessings. Ephesians 1:3
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, knowing that all things work together for good in my life. Philippians 4:13, Romans 8:28
- I can rightly distinguish between the voice of the Lord and the lies of the enemy. John 10:2-5
- I can prophesy to build up the body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 14:31
- I can grow in the wisdom and knowledge of God and be equipped to instruct others. Hebrews 5:12-14
- I have the mind of Christ and can discern his will in my life. 1 Corinthians 2:16, Romans 8:14, Isaiah 30:21
- Adapted from CBN Family, DIVINE DIRECTION: GOD'S BLUEPRINT FOR YOUR FUTURE, accessed January 9, 2023, https://cbn.com/premiums/DivineDirection/